Not a Total Meltdown

I appreciate the fact that when I was reading an article in the New York Times and listening to Pandora radio just now, the Google Chrome browser didn't totally melt down when Flash blew up in the Pandora window. Instead, Chrome let me know that Flash had crashed, and I was able to close the Pandora window and keep reading the Times. It's just like Google told me it would be.

Plus, I keep switching over to Chrome lately because it doesn't insist on soaking up more and more memory over time like Firefox does. I love Firefox, but jeez, does it have to keep grabbing 350 megs just to run four of five windows? You'd think they could fix this, but the problem persists for years.

By the way, another example that Obama is a genius: he appoints a Nobel Prize winning scientist to head the Department of Energy, Steven Chu. This is probably a better idea than picking people who you happen to know from around the neighborhood or something.

Lastly, Pandora is genius at draining money away from your bank account and into the coffers of Amazon Marketplace sellers, since you'll hear so much great music there that you were previously unaware of, and you'll think, Yes, this too, belongs in my CD collection. Tonight I happily succumbed to the pull of Mt Egypt and Damien Jurado

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Date Dimension Table Definition

In Appreciation of Procedural Programming

Stop Flickering Pointer in Vista's Windows Explorer