Kingsville, Ontario Lies to the South of Uxbridge, Massachusetts, and West

While looking at Google Maps for the umpteenth time, I finally noticed that Canada comes very far south near Detroit. It appeared to lie further south than my town, Uxbridge, Massachusetts, which is on the border between Massachusetts and Rhode Island, which is not an island. I looked it up. Sure enough, it's true. The uninhabited Pelee Island in Lake Erie, not far north of Sandusky, Ohio is, as I learned, the southernmost point in Canada. Leaving that aside, though, one can see on a map that Kingsville, Ontario is the southernmost town in Canada, at 42° 2' 10.68" N 82° 44' 20.4" W. The location of Uxbridge is 42° 4' 37.92" N 71° 37' 49.08" W.

That puts Uxbridge 2 minutes, 27 seconds north of the southernmost town in Canada. That means I can get in my car and head southwest to Canada. And I might.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Date Dimension Table Definition

In Appreciation of Procedural Programming

Remote GUI Access from Windows to Linux